Thursday 30th of January 2014 2:00:00 PM
Thursday 12th of June 2014 8:00:00 AM
By Andre Gajadar, Nuclear Medicine Radiographer, RRR, DMN Ltd.
The history of Nuclear Medicine in T&T, and particularly Trinidad started in the 1980's
- In 1985 a place called Omni Medicial Clinic in Belmont offered static studies using a Nuclear Chicago Photon Gamma Camera.
- In 1990 Doctor's Radiology Center started offering Nuclear Medicine services providing static studies using a Siemens Orbiter Gamma
- In 1991 we had the first state of the art Siemens Orbiter planar Gamma Camera with a Computer System that was able to do static
and dynamic studies, at the Doctor's Radiology Center.
- In 1992 Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex started offering Nuclear Medicine Studies and had three Gamma Cameras.
- 1 planar Bascicam Gamma Camera
- 1 Whole Body Scan Gamma Camera
- 1 SPECT Siemens Orbiter Gamma Camera
- In 2001 Nuclear Medicine was being offered at the Marli Street Clinic
- In 2002 to present, two companies opened their doors to an appreciative public:-
- In April 2002 Southern Nuclear Medicine Ltd. (SMN) offered Nuclear Medicine services in Vistabella; both static and dynamic studies were being offered.
- In August 2002 Diagnostic Nuclear Medicine Ltd. (DNM) offered Nuclear Medicine services in Tacarigua; static, dynamic and SPECT studies were being offered.
- To date there are only two companies offering Nuclear Medicine studies to the public; SNM and DNM Ltd.
Both offer state of the art services to the Caribbean and Latin America at an affordable cost with excellent patient care using cutting edge technology. Both companies offer static, dynamic and SPECT studies with the capacity to forward studies to any part of the world using the internet.